Personal Current Account
If you're looking for a bank account with features and benefits to match your lifestyle, look no further than the Personal Current Account. A Personal Current Account enables you to deposit, withdraw and pay money. It also allows you to better manage your finances by providing detailed records of money going in and out, and any banking fees you are charged. A Personal Current Account is your key to faster banking and opens the door to many more banking products and services, such as loans, electronic banking and much more.
What does it offer me?
Redraw on loan repayment after a few payments
Once you have paid up a few installments on your loan, you can contact us to see how much you can borrow against what you have already paid. This means you can top up your loan even before paying it off.
First loan repayment only after 30 days
You have 30 days before you can start repaying your loan. You can also start repaying before the 30 day period elapses if you are able to.
No salary deposit is required on opening a Personal Current Account
With this offering, you won’t be required to pay a salary deposit into the account to open it. We have waived that requirement. We will require your employer to confirm that your salary will be deposited into your new account with us.
On opening a Personal Current Account, you will also be entitled to the following benefits:
- You get a Mastercard branded debit card that you may use at various points-of-sale nationwide to pay for purchases.
- You may use your card to make deposits and draw cash at ATMs countrywide
- Access to unsecured lending options at competitive interest rates
- Low monthly maintenance fee
- Monthly electronic statements
- Instant SMS alerts of money going in and out of your account through MyUpdates service
- Access to self-service electronic platforms including Internet banking and Mobile banking
- Easy payment to others via debit orders and stop orders
- No limit on the number of deposits and transfers you may do
- Access to other Standard Bank products, such as personal loans, investment and savings, an overdraft, vehicle and asset finance or home loan.
What do I need to apply?
It's easy to open a Current Account. Just visit your nearest Standard Bank branch to apply. You will need a minimum amount of E100.00 to open the account and you must bring the following documents with you:
- A valid Swazi identity document
- Valid passport and work permit if you are an expatriate
- Proof of residence (such as a utility bill)
- Your latest payslip or a letter of introduction from your employer