A MasterCard credit card offers you a revolving line of credit without the need for cash collateral. You need only pay a minimum balance each month. However, interest is charged monthly on outstanding balances. Your card is welcomed locally and internationally wherever you see the MasterCard sign.
What does it offer me?
- You may revolve the credit limit for two years.
- No collateral required.
- You get up to 55 days interest-free on Point of Sale payment transactions.
- MasterCard is accepted in over 20 million locations around the world.
- Flexible repayment options of 10% or full payment of amount spent at the end of your 55 days’ grace period.
- Offers instant spending power with convenient means for making payments and accessing credit.
- No transaction fees for Point of Sale transactions (excluding fuel/garage transactions).
- A credit card offers affordable credit.
- Fast access to credit card with streamlined assessment and simplified documentation.
- You may use your cards locally and internationally.
- Offers free travel insurance when you go abroad subject to terms, conditions and specified limits (enquire at your nearest branch for more info).
- Credit Life Insurance available.
What do I need to apply?
- You will need a Standard Bank transactional account to apply for a credit card with us. Visit your nearest Standard Bank branch to apply.
- A valid Swazi identity document.
- Valid passport and work permit if you are an expatriate.
- Proof of residence (such as an utility bill).
- Your last three payslips (you’d need to have been with your current employer for at least 12 consecutive months).
- If you work on a contract basis, we need a copy of your most recent contract.
- If your Standard Bank account was opened in the past six months, you need to provide copies of your account with a another bank for a period of six months.