Bonus investment account
A Bonus Investment Account allows you to invest a lump sum over a chosen period of time and rewards you with attractive guaranteed “bonus” interest. The one-time minimum deposit needed for this investment E1,000 but you may choose to save a higher amount as long as it is all deposited when opening the Bonus Investment Account.
What does it offer me?
- Interest fixed for the period and calculated on a daily basis and capitalised monthly.
- The guaranteed bonus interest is calculated from the opening date as a percentage of the accrued interest at maturity.
- Choose from investment periods of 12, 24 or 36 months.
- Higher interest rates are paid for higher balances.
- You may have several Bonus Investment Accounts.
Who may apply?
If you're over the age of 18 and want to invest a lump sum for the future, the Bonus investment is for you. You can also open a Bonus investment account for your children and teach them the benefits of saving. A Standard Bank TransactPlus account is a prerequisite.
What do I need to apply?
Opening a Bonus investment account is easy! Visit your nearest Standard Bank branch with your Swazi identity document.