The Unsecured Personal Loan (UPL) is ideal for you if you urgently need a lump sum. You can get it within 24 hours of submitting a complete application.
What does it offer me?
- You can secure a loan of up to E300 000 within 24 hours of submitting an application
- You receive instant notification through our MyUpdates SMS service when your loan is approved, and the money is disbursed directly into your transactional or savings account
- You get Credit Life Insurance as part of the loan
- It has highly competitive interest rates.
- The loan can be re-drawn after six months of regular repayments and subject to good conduct on your transactional account.
Requirements for opening an account
- A valid Swazi identity document OR a valid passport and work permit if you are an expatriate
- Your last three months’ pay slips.
- A minimum net income of E1 500 per month.
- Hold a transactional account with Standard bank and confirmation from your employer that your salary gets paid into your Standard Bank account. (If you need to open a Standard Bank transactional account, we will provide you a letter for your employer instructing them to pay your salary into your Standard Bank account for the life of the loan)
- Repayments of your existing and new loans may not exceed installment to income ratio. This can be calculated for you upon submitting an application.
You will need E-Banking
Applying for a loan is much more easier now through eBanking. There is no need to queue at the branch as you can simply begin this process in the comfort of your home, office or anywhere else you choose.
eBanking is a web-based service that enables you to do your banking securely via the Internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All you need is a personal computer, tablet or smart phone that is connected to the Internet and you can use any browser of your choice.
Sign-up for E-banking
If you are a Standard Bank customer, you can register online for the service through following these steps:
1. Go to www.ebanking.standardbank.co.sz
2. On the landing page, far left, click on the link Register for Internet Banking
3. Follow the prompts there-on
Services are offered in E-Banking
1. View and export account balances and statements in different formats
2. Conduct offline account opening (Pure Save Account, Fixed deposit account, Call deposit accounts)
3. Offline service requests (Debit Card Request, Renew Fixed Deposit, Give Notice on Notice Deposit, New cheque book request)
4. Inter account transfers
5. Alerts management (e-Alerts and SMS alerts)