My Updates is a free service that allows you to stay in touch with what's happening on your accounts through SMS alerts. With My Updates you'll have the comfort in always knowing where your account stand and when money goes in and out of it. You'll even be able to identify and report any transactions that you may be suspicious of or did not authorise. Types of activities on your account that you'll be alerted to include: Purchases Withdrawals Transfers Account payments Deposits. If you notice anything strange, like a payment or transfer you did not authorise, then you must call us immediately on +268 2518 8440 to stop your card preventing further unknown transactions. That way, you can prevent losing all your money to a criminal. For transactional queries please call +268 2405.
What does it offer me?
- It can help you manage your finances because you'll get alerts on, for example, when your salary is paid into your account and when a debit order goes through.
- It will help you easily identify if anyone is trying to steal money out of your account.
- It keeps you up to date with all your transactions on your accounts.
How it works?
When a MyUpdates alert comes through to you depends on whether the merchant is processing transactions in real time. This means that if they are online to us all the time the alert should come through immediately. If not, the alert will be delayed. So, you will not necessarily get an update immediately every time you swipe your card.
Transactions on which you get an immediate MyUpdates alert are:
- Purchases (if merchant is banking in real time)
- Inter-account transfers.
- These transactions will always result in a delayed alert:
- Scheduled payments
- Purchases (if merchant is not banking in real time)
- Failed payments
- Reversed payments.
How to register?
Please complete this from to register for My Updates.