The deposit offers interest rates higher than ordinary savings accounts and is ideal if you want to save for a specific goal, such as the deposit for a wedding or a year-end holiday.
What does it offer me?
- Standard Bank offers you competitive interest rates so your return is guaranteed upfront.
- The interest rate is fixed so you know exactly how much your money will be worth at the date it matures.
- You do not pay any fees on the account.
- You get to choose the actual date on which you wish the investment to mature.
- The fixed deposit may be linked to any other accounts held at the bank by the same customer and balances may be viewed via Internet banking.
- The minimum investment is E10,000.00 but there is no maximum.
What do I need to apply?
Visit your nearest Standard Bank branch to apply. You must bring the following documents with you:
- A valid Swazi identity document.
- Valid passport and work permit if you are an expatriate.
- Proof of residence (such as an utility bill).
- Your latest payslip or a letter of introduction from your employer.
- You must also have E10,000.00 available to transfer or deposit into the account.
Who may apply?
If you’re over the age of 18 and serious about saving for a specific goal, a fixed deposit account is for you.